Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 15



Assignment: (Publish our website)
Our assignment for this week was to put our completed website that we made in iWeb on Xythos.

Craft: (How did I do it)
After we logged onto Xythos we need to put our web content into the www folder.  We had to upload every folder in the folder that was published to the desktop.  When the upload was complete we could go visit the index page and get our own personal link. 

Composition: (Arrangement of the elements)
We had to make sure that our home page was our about me page because that is what is different in each website.  Next, we had to make sure that we had a link to this blog somewhere in our site.  Also, we had to make sure that our slideshow of the comic strip plays in fullscreen. 

Concept: (What am I trying to say)
This assignment was made for us to understand how to make a website in iWeb as well as show off our art in a different media.  I decide to make my site in a manner that would show my personal style while making my art pages look classy.  
 

3 comments:

  1. Craft-I love how much of yourself it looks like you put into your blogger. You can really tell who this person is.
    Composition- It seems to be arranged in a way that draws the reader in for more. When I first got onto the site, I just kept scrolling because I wanted to see if you had added anything else interesting!
    Concept-The post is about how he created and published his website along with why he made it the way he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craft: I like that this blog looks unique. I have yet to come across another blog that has a similar look or feel to it.

    Composition: I like the large font and the layout of the blog. The first photo posted on the blog makes me want to continue looking/reading the blog.

    Concept: The concept of the blog is based on the digital archive of projects. I like the the artist includes photos to show the progression of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craft:
    Used blogger and various applications to create the best laid out and engaging blog in the class.

    Composition:
    Bold colors that feed off one another, open light layout that pulls the viewer through, fun and creative images that capture the attention and make a viewer want to stay on your site.

    Concept:
    Create a fun and dynamic blog that would attract people to his artwork and display it in a inspired way. It kept me engaged the entire time I was on it.

    ReplyDelete